Saturday, February 14, 2009

I can blog


Well, It's not like I have lost the knack, but I think some of the time and creativity has disappeared out of my body. Work wise my mind thinks "state test" and its there all day. I am slightly fearful as to how things will go once the "push" for the test is gone. I am excited to teach some content and cater to things that enhance vocabulary and creativity because they are interesting. Don't get me wrong...the kids need to have this stuff, but NCLB has left us sort of in a lurch. Today I sat down to focus on my administrative philosophy. That is a process that takes some time. There is so much that I wanted to say, but I know that I am secure in my day to day philosophies, but to put those down on paper is sometimes a bit difficult.

Valentine's Day today.....millions of dollars spent on paper and candy. I am down with some candy, but I like the old fashioned homemade cards. I think they carry more sentiment. I am not totally sappy, but I heard the guy in the evil Wal-Mart..and if you know me, you know that I detest Wal-Mart. I avoid it at all cost and almost have to talk people into going there if I need something (today it was gift cards), but I digress. So the guy buying all the chocolate and cards is just bithcin about how women this and women that, and if you don't come home with it you're in trouble, etc. I don't know..maybe I am wierd about stuff or have spent many, ok most, Valentine's either alone or with someone that didn't see it as a big deal. You don't miss what you don't have right? So my question is...why is this such a big deal when you should be telling people everyday you love them? I don't know just a thought.

On that note.....Happy Valentine's Day! :)

No comments: