Sunday, August 17, 2008

For Whom the Bell Tolls:Entry for July 30, 2008


Seems like there are transitions taking place all over. I have some friends that got an offer accepted on a house that they really like! Yeah for them. We are all going through some scary times that will transpire in a very positive way, but the steps of the process are large. I am losing my patience with swollen feet and dreams that are so jacked up that I have to get up at 6 A.M. even though I would prefer not to. The number of things changing on a daily basis amaze me. I have also realized that taking out carpet is not as easy as it looks. You would think that it is just a couple of cuts, rip it out, sweep and clean......no......it's a hell of a lot more than that. The bright side is that it is out! Went to a wake and funeral the other day. As I was sitting there I could not get the idea of extended family out of my head. It is large and I am glad, but the generations have just slowly slipped away. In the same token, they left what I would consider legacies. Not necessarily the ones that have made gigantic impacts on the whole world, but stories that we continue to speak on and ways that we manage to carry on traditions and things that we have learned from one generation on to the next. I am not Catholic by any means, but was at the mass the other day...I'm curious and it may sound naive in regards to questioning religion...I have always found the scripted mass different. Different in a sense that people say, "Lord hear our prayers." Isn't the idea behind God that he doesn't need to be reminded to listen and hear? Just a thought.

No comments: