Thursday, December 25, 2008


Well, first off I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas! I hope that it was filled with love and happiness. I was reading a friends blog about how we sometimes get selfish at the holidays and feel like we have to spend a ton to make people happy. I know that I have said it a few times, but there didn't have to be anything under my tree this year, or probably for the coming years. I got all that I wanted and stuck him in a santa hat!

For the first time in a long time, the spirit has come to my home. My family was here last night just hanging out, having some snacks and enjoying the time. That is, to me, what it should all be about. Today, I hung out with my mom and my son, took it easy and just took some time to be thankful.

My only regret is that I didn't get out to the cemetery. We started out there yesterday just to stop by my dad, but there was this woman who was in a car accident and by the time we had waited until the police arrived, Elliot was a bit fussy and tired of being in the car. While I do like to make it a point to stop out there, I know that the spirit of my dad is with us always, and I cannot wait to teach my son about what a respectful, caring and loving father he was. I hope that my son gets the traits of hard work, respect, humility, modesty and honesty that my dad had and passed on to me!

So again, I wish you all the good, love and peace that can be given to all of you, and I wish you a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, i think a child would help to reignite the xmas feeling in a home :)